Preorder Price USD $650 (Retail Price USD $850)
* You'll pay the balance when the watches are ready to ship, tentatively in Feb/ Mar 2020.
When Gruppo Gamma was set up in 2013, our primary motive was to revive the spirit of older tool watches - most notably those built for combat divers from days gone by.
In 2019, Gruppo Gamma is delighted to introduce the Nexus collection. Like its forebears the timepiece is inspired by vintage diving instruments, but with a twist.
Back in the day, frogmen performing underwater operations typically wore on their wrists three types of instruments - compass, wristwatch, and depth gauge. Much has been said and done about the watch, but now we have taken inspiration from the depth gauge instead.
The Nexus uses a special wandering hour complication. First seen in the market some years ago, Gruppo Gamma now adopted it to give the Nexus a distinct character that is reminiscent of the vintage diving instrument.
- Mk I Nexus, 316L stainless steel, aged finish, water resistance 100m
- Diameter 44mm, length 52mm lug-to-lug, height 15.5mm, lug width 22mm, weight 140g with strap
- Top hat sapphire crystal with underside anti-reflective coating, exhibition case back, push-pull crown
- Miyota 8N24 with a customised module, automatic uni-directional winding, 21600 BPH, accuracy between -20 to +40 s/ day, power reserve 42 hrs, signature rotor
- Multi-layer sandwich dial, markers filled with Swiss Super-LumiNova® Vintage Color
- Gold color minute hand with Swiss Super-LumiNova® Vintage Color
- Black hour disc with Swiss Super-LumiNova® Vintage Color
- Vegetable-tanned leather, ochre brown, length 125/75mm, width 22/22mm with buckle
- Screwdriver for strap changes, travel pouch